- U.S. insurers want taxpayers to back pandemic coverage for businesses (Reuters)
- Asset Management
- JPM Calling for Boost in PE, Hedge Fund Performance (BNN Bloomberg)
- Pompeo pushes China to provide access to Wuhan labs over coronavirus outbreak (Reuters)
- Monetary Policy
- Federal Reserve on deck for first monetary policy decision since March rate cuts. Click here to tune in to live analyst coverage courtesy of FXStreet.
- Economic Indicators
- Q1 GDP contracts 4.8% QoQ, ending the longest expansion run in US history.
- Crude oil up nearly 30% on positive market sentiment. Daily techs still showing weakness.
- Commercial hedgers increase net-short position in Euronext wheat futures; Non-commercials expand net-long position
- Dollar down on risk-on moves – holding at 2-week lows
- What prior market crashes can teach us about navigating the current one (Paul D. Kaplan – Morningstar)
- Factor analysis: Growth reigns supreme as April winds down.